[Erp5-dev] why I can't remove bank account

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Tue Apr 1 00:14:06 CEST 2008

Tomasz Brzezina wrote:
> bartek pisze:
>> Tomasz Brzezina wrote:
>>> I'm trying to remove bank accounts using
>>> /erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListMode?proxy_form_id=Person_viewFinancialInformationList&proxy_field_id=listbox&reset=1
>>>

>>> but I receive
>>> /erp5/person_module/1/Base_viewListModeRenderer?portal_status_message=Sorry+You+Can+Not+Delete+2+Items.
>>

>> Take a look at a script "Folder_deleteObjects" - this is the one that
>> generates this message. You will see that there are two possible
>> reasons for such a message.
> Do you mean Folder_delete in erp5_core?
>
> I can see only one reason:

You are right - in the other case the message is different.

> if this:
>  context.getPortalObject().portal_workflow.doActionFor(
>                       object,
>                       'delete_action')
>
> raises other error than Conflict_Error than Not Deleted counter is
> incremented
>
> But it's too magic for me for now what error and why is generated during
> removing Bank Account

I don't know - most often the error is that the workflow doesn't provide
the "delete" action. If this is not the case, then something is wrong -
check the event.log, maybe something is there, if not then add a logging
instruction to the script (remember to remove it later).

BTW, you are right (though you haven't said it yet ;) ) that the system
should provide at least minimum information about the reason, not only a
polite but uninformative "sorry", so that a user knows at least what to
tell the sysadmin when he makes his complaint phone call. This is
actually a GUI design issue - how to provide some useful info without
cramming the whole traceback into the status message. Let's discuss.