[Erp5-dev] own getTitle

bartek bartek at erp5.pl
Tue Mar 25 15:58:56 CET 2008

Tomasz Brzezina wrote:
> I need to mask getTitle for my own portal_type - in the same way like
> getTitle in Person - How to?

There is in the experimental repository a patch called
XMLObject_type_based_title - see here:

http://svn.erp5.org/experimental/Experimental/patches/XMLObject_type_based_title.py?view=markup

It does exactly what you need - allows you to customize title generation
per portal type by creating appropriately named scripts. However, AFAIK
Nexedi saw some serious flaws in it, so it is not certain if it will
ever make its way to the core, or maybe it'll be reimplemented.

"feelings affect productivity. (...) unhappy people write worse
software, and less of it."
Karl Fogel, "Producing Open Source Software"