[Erp5-dev] start_date on non-movement object

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Fri Mar 21 16:36:10 CET 2008

Hello,

Using clean r18550 system.

There is Person object. They have Birthday defined as start_date. So I
set this date.

It is possible to choose Birthday as column on Person listbox. Chosen.

But it is not possible to sort/search by this column. Log message:

2008-03-21T16:14:34 WARNING SQLCatalog buildSQLQuery could not build
sort index (start_date -> None)

How to sort/search using such property? It is not catalogued, isn't it?
As start/stop date is on movements/deliveries. Yes? No? I'm stuck.
Again. ;)

Well. And if I create new table in catalog, which will have start_date
column, catalog Persons in it. How to use that? Eg. table would be named
persondata. Editing start_date to persondata.start_date is not
disallowing sort/search, and Persons object to have entries in
persondata table...

I know I do not know much about SQL related issues, but believe me - I
read many times what is in SQLCatalog/*txt, SQLCatalog/help/* and
ERP5Catalog/*txt, ERP5Catalog/help/* ...

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.