[Erp5-dev] Experimental repository documentation structure

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Mar 19 16:40:32 CET 2008

Hello,

Right now there is only two wikipages documenting experimental related
repository - one introduction[1] and one for erp5_forge_experimental
Business Template[2].

As more and more tools appears on this repository (and I really am
documentation freak ;) ) I'd like to propose documentation system for
those tools.

Structure might be quite simple:
 * HowToUseExperimental - introduction about experimental with
disclaimers, only one listed on HowTo wikipage
and links to proper sections - might be merged/based/replace
ExperimentalRepository wikipage
 * HowToUseExperimentalForge - documentation for erp5_forge_experimental
 * HowToUseExperimentalCore - documentation for erp5_core_experimental
 * HowToUseExperimentalProductExperimental - documentation for
Products/Experimental
 * more HowTos for proper projects in experimental repository.

Projects owners/admins/developers/contributors shall be required to keep
up to date documentation. As editing wikipages is very easy not too much
additional work will be needed.

What do you think about proposed structure? Is it ok to update ERP5
wiki to such one?

And more - is it possible to add wikimacro, eg [[ExpDisc]], which will
show disclaimer about:
 * how experimental is experimental
 * that it is totally unsupported (by Nexedi, might even not be
supported by project owners, etc)
 * use on your own risk, etc

Such way every HowToUseExperimental.* page would have this macro on top
to inform readers what is all about.

[1] http://www.erp5.org/ExperimentalRepository
[2] http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseExperimentalForge

PS. What do you think about experimental forge documentation?[2] Is it
informative enough? I'd like to note, that time consumed on updating
such documentation is very, very short (read: cheap), I've got some
positive feedback, but I'd like to know your opinion.

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.