[Erp5-dev] Install on Windows

Vihang Patel vihang.patel at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 16 14:38:42 CET 2008

I am trying to install the ERP5 (latest) onto a Windows machine. I downloaded Zope 2.9 (final) and added the required python libraries based on the latest RPM for madrake.

  The zserver starts, does not give any errors (only one warning) but does not proceed any further. When I try to access the webpage, its on a infinite wait !

  Any suggestions?

Morin Fabien <fabien at nexedi.com> wrote:
  I have some pages where tidy find 0 error and 20 warnings but w3c
validator find no error and no warning (valid page). eg : this page
http://localhost:1234/erp5/view

This is not a problem. The problem is that I have some pages where tidy
find 0 error and 40 warning but w3c validator find 1 error (so the page
is invalid but passed our tests). I have this case on the page
http://localhost:1234/erp5/use_case_module/1/view but I think we could
find it on a lot of other places.
We can see that by using HTML validator firefox extension and set the
option to use SGML analyser instead of HTML Tidy.

Thanks to google, I have find another way to check our pages : use the
same validator as w3c uses.
Official web page is there : http://validator.w3.org/docs/install.html
a gentoo turial on this topic here :
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_W3C_Validator