[Erp5-dev] catalog usage in listboxes

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Fri Oct 12 12:54:02 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm preparing few reports in our system. Listbox is defined like this:

Portal Type: Sale Packing List Line
List Method: portal_catalog

Columns:

resource_title | Resource
total_quantity | Quantity
parent_title | Packing List
movement.start_date | Shipping Date
movement.stop_date | Delivery Date
translated_simulation_state_title | State
source_title | Send Goods From
source_section_title | Vendor
destination_title | Customer
destination_section_title | Owner

And those problems arisen:

 * translated_simulation_state_title is not shown; if I use
simulation_state then it is shown
 * I'm not able to search/sort on source/destination

I've tried to use parent.source_title, movement.source_title - but none
of those works (if I set it explicitly in sortable/search-able columns
it won't help me...).

Additionaly I really do not know why translated_simulation_state_title
hasn't shown.

Is it possible to use portal_catalog list method or shall I create my
own set of scripts/zsqlmethods which will be attached to those listbox
(like as in accounting module listbox)?

How to enable more verbose/debug output about catalog problems? Right
now if something is wrong LOGs are silent (eg. above -
translated_simulation_state_title is not showing - I cannot figure out
why (maybe it is somewhere on wiki - but so indirect, that I wasn't
able to figure out - my suspicion isn't enough to give me any sense
conclusion)).

By the way - is it possible to extend/create information about
portal_catalog, its limitations, best usages, etc?
HowToSearchPortalCatalog[1] is nice, but do not explain more advanced
usage (when I spot something, I'm trying to add it, but my progress is
quite slow).

[1] http://www.erp5.org/HowToSearchPortalCatalog

``Use the Source, Luke...''