[Erp5-dev] Developer version of ERP5's packages for Debian

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Oct 11 14:41:51 CEST 2007

Hello,

On 2007-10-11, 09:34:04
Rafael Monnerat <rafael at nexedi.com> wrote:

> Good initiative!
>
> I use ERP5 at Ubuntu 7.04 (Updated to 7.10 currently) and it would be
> nice has stable Debian packages for erp5 one day. I installed using
> debian packages from erp5 svn.

I've tested ERP5 on Ubuntu 7.04 with installed ERP5 from sources (some
based on Nexedi RPMs, others on original debian packages). Runs fine -
we are preparing to set up production server with debian. And those
packages will be used - so I need to have them tested and in quite good
condition.

> I don't like discuss about linux distribuitions, but It's a very good
> news have erp5 for many diferent linux distributions. Maybe for
> Slackware some day :) ...

No distro-wars :) It is only habit in my case - I'm used to Debian, I
understand it and so on. That's why I always dreamt about having
nice .debs

> If I have time I will test your packages at my spare machine or in a
> Virtual Box.

Thanks.

BTW. Next big optional step is to polish those packages enough to put
them to debian official repository. I've asked already some people on
#debian-devel on OFTC - they will welcome them. I hope such step would
be quite good from marketing point of view?

But for now, I'd like to aim to have nice repository with those
packages. And maybe move their development to Nexedi repository
(if/when svn-buildpackage will ba accepted)? :)

``Use the Source, Luke...''