[Erp5-dev] Simulation and related issues documentation

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Thu Sep 27 23:59:21 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 26 September 2007 14:02, Łukasz Nowak wrote:
> So topic to start with would be "Why simulations are used in ERP5?" and
> then "Now we will show you how to understand simulation-related code."?

Yes. I think this is a good idea. In the introduction, I have some
suggestions:

- Please make sure that people get the meaning of "simulation" right. I saw
many people who have the background of CS misunderstanding simulation
as "statistical analysis" or "artificial life" or like that. The simulation
is about business processes. This should be clear.

- Please make sure that people understand why the "simulation tree" is worth
having. Otherwise, they will start to wonder why the system must be so
complicated. It is necessary to track information later on in a persistent
way.

For now I have no time to write good text myself, but I will contribute from
time to time, if you can set up a draft page.

Regards,
YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi CTO
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP