[Erp5-dev] grouping_reference - invoices and payments - any documentation?

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Mon Sep 24 08:35:44 CEST 2007

Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I've seen that grouping_reference property might be used to associate
> invoices and payments to have ability to relate them to check, eg. if
> invoice is paid.
>
> After grepping products with "egrep '[gG]rouping_?[Rr]eference'" I've
> found quite...cryptic unit tests which are using this property (read
> it: I see them, I'm able to read them, but (at least for now) I'm not
> able to make any assumptions basing on them).
>
> Right now I'm playing with original erp5_accounting to figure out
> proper usage of grouping_reference property, but it would be fantastic
> to read _anything_ about usage of this property. I wouldn't ask if
> there would be any references to this property on wiki or obsolete cps
> pages, but there not any...

The idea is simply to put a 'Letter' on accounting movements that are
using receivable/payable accounts.

When he/she receive a payment for an invoice, the accountant put the
same letter on the invoice movement and on the corresponding payment
movement. It's just a way for the accountant to associate invoices with
their payments, then reports like Account Statement have an option to
show only movements without letters.

Jérome