[Erp5-dev] there is code destroying data into ERP5 currently

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Tue Sep 18 17:13:58 CEST 2007

bartek a écrit :
> Sébastien Robin wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is code destroying data into ERP5Type/Core/Folder.py
>>
>> You have been warned, revisions upper than 16294 WILL DESTROY DATA.
>>
>> We will fix it today.
>>

> Is it already fixed? Is it safe now to upgrade? Basically, what is the

It should be. About 10 developers currently use the head branch.
> status of HEAD now - is it more or less usable, or does it still contain
> some ultra-experimental stuff?

HEAD does not contain ultra-experimental code or does not use
experimental code (we keep such code away). The incident of last week
happened although the code which was committed had been unit tested and
atlhough we had tested upgrade (but not enough) before committing. It
was a complex situation. We are really sorry.

The nice thing with Zope is that it is always possible to revert
database transactions and recover lost data.

--
Jean-Paul Smets-Solanes, Nexedi CEO - Tel. +33(0)6 62 05 76 14
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software