[Erp5-dev] Modifying existing workflow history

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Mon Jul 30 22:00:46 CEST 2007

Jacek Medrzycki a écrit :
> Hi.
>
> Is there any way or hack to modify existing workflow history, in
> particular values of transition variables such as 'comment'?
>
> Sometimes our client wants us to modify wrong data entered by their
> operators. We easily can do that if the data is standart property, but
> not if it is in workflow history.

Workflow history is intended to be read-only. You can say to your
customer that if workflow history can be modified, then the system no
longer provides traceability.

Accountants are usually very happy that the workflow history is
read-only (ie. to prevent someone from changing a transaction without
leaving a trace).
Security people are also very happy that workflow history is read-only.

So, if you need something which needs to be modified, consider using
something else (ex. subobjects of the current document).