[Erp5-dev] delivery_cell_separate_order on Delivery Builder, queued SPLs

Łukasz K. Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu May 31 14:26:14 CEST 2007

Hello,

I've found on portal_deliveries/sale_packing_list_builder very nice
functionality called Delivery Cell Separate Order Methods. I was trying
to use it to have nice Sale Packing Lists - which would be based on many
Sale Orders, and where SPL operator would be able to do some queueing.

I tried to create method calculateSeparateCausalityAndPrice to create
separate movements based on movement causality and put them into SPL. I
was suggested by that there are calculateAveragePrice,
calculateAddQuantity are put into that field. So I've removed them, put
my own function. Well, it was not working. I was surprised - I've put
some logging into calculateSeparateCausalityAndPrice, even pdb
invocation and when all fails I've made it body into raise
OperationalError. No sign of invocation.

So I've grepped Products with:

$ find Products/ -name \*py -exec egrep --color -H \
'[Dd]elivery_?[Cc]ell_?[Ss]eparate_?[Oo]rder' {} \;

Products/ERP5/PropertySheet/DeliveryBuilder.py:    { 'id'          :
'delivery_cell_separate_order',
Products/ERP5/Document/OrderBuilder.py:    separate_method_name_list =
self.getDeliveryCellSeparateOrderList([])

Hm. Am I missed something, or delivery_cell_separate_order is not
supported on Delivery Builder? Is it a bug, feature or missing
functionality? I'm treating all data in original Business Templates as
"sure ones" - I have to start with something. Is such functionality
planned in near future?

Thanks,
Luke

PS. Right now we have working glue system SO->SPL, but this makes
distribution, without any queueing capabilities, and I thought, that
such extension would be even accepted upstream - as optional feature.

``Use the Source, Luke...''