[Erp5-dev] Formulator patch that disables fields on read-only forms

Jacek Medrzycki jacek at erp5.pl
Fri May 11 18:04:14 CEST 2007

Hi

This is a small Formulator patch that disables (sets as 'not editable')
all fields on read only form (that is, the form without the "Save" button).
Normally, fields on read only forms are editable and users sometimes get
confused when, after entering data, they find there is no way to save it.

The patch is instance-wide for now. I think it should be form-specific,
that is a form should have an entry in "Settings" tab that switches the
functionality on or off. For now, I get Key Error on existing forms
after adding new property to "Settings" tab.

We are also thinking about modifying formulator in a way that makes it
render not editable field as disabled HTML control, not text. Rendering
not editable fields as text has a strange effects sometimes (eg.
checboxes are rendered as 1 or 0).

Regards
Jacek