[Erp5-dev] Purchase path of system - from order to invoice - some questions

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Tue Mar 27 16:12:18 CEST 2007

Hello,

As you know I'm working on purchase path from order to invoice.

I'd like to know how shall I define

With only Sale this was quite easy - I've created some predicates (on
region in our case), then selected proper regions and expand on Orders
was great.

With only Purchase - it is similar (after patching with
InvoiceTransactionRule_asCellRange-source_region_patch.diff, which
allows me to select source_region on Predicates) I was able to create
good purchase invoices.

Questions:

1. Is my path correct and upstream acceptable?
2. How shall be default_invoice_transaction_rule, which will be able to
support Purchase and Sale invoices? I've seen that putting together
destination_ and source_ region do not work. Shall I them put into same
matrix? What would be "the Nexedi way"?

When I'll now how to mix auto generation of Purchase and Sale Invoice
Transaction objects and lines in "the Nexedi way", then I'll be able to
write unit tests for such configuration and (maybe) put such extension
upstream.

Well, I'm going back to experiments, thanks for any clues and suggestions,

``Use the Source, Luke...''