[Erp5-dev] immediateReindexObject vs. reindexObject

Jacek Medrzycki jacek at erp5.pl
Fri Mar 9 14:29:21 CET 2007

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong - the immediateReindex and reindex differs so
that the first is - as name states - fired immediately, while the later
is fired throught activities. Is it correct?

Using immediate reindex is considered to be coding crime. However, if my
previous statement is correct, we can use immediateReindex in scripts
that are to be called only throught activities, can't we? And if we use
reindex (not immediate) in such script, than the activities would be
fired twice - first time to call script, second time to call reindex. So
- is it better to use immediate reindex in scripts called throuht
activities?

Jacek