[Erp5-dev] svn-buildpackage - proper way to use SVN for .deb packages

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Wed Mar 7 12:09:48 CET 2007

Hello,

Yoshinori Okuji napisał(a):
(...)

>> Are there any decisions taken for .deb builder?
>
> No.
>
>> Is svn-buildpackage acceptable?
>
> I am not sure if it is so good. But if there is no other way, we must
> live with it.

I've set up svn-buildpackage-based[1] repository on our server, which is
available for external use[2]

I used script:

for d in * ; do
   cd $d
   svn-inject -q `ls -r *dsc | head -n1 ` \
https://gpl.ventis.pl/svn/spec/debian/unstable/
   cd ..
done

run from https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/spec/debian/unstable/ checkout.

I know (feel is better maybe ;) ) that such conversion has big impact
for repository structure, so for now I'll make changes to packages on
our repository, then import them to Nexedi with Nexedi's layout.

I think that it will be possible to synchronize svn-builpackage changes
from our repository structure to Nexedi, eg. by using tools like svk.

That way allow me to master in svn-buildpackage mechanisms, which allow
to use "upstream sources" stored in svn-buildpackage repository (eg.
Zope Products developed by Nexedi). Our gpl repository is in state
experimental, so if it's needed I may create accounts to hack with
svn-buildpackage system and/or recreate repository from scratch. If
account is needed please contact me personally.

Bye,
Luke

[1]https://gpl.ventis.pl/doc/svn-buildpackage/HOWTO.html/index.html
[2]https://gpl.ventis.pl/svn/spec/debian/unstable/