[Erp5-dev] interaction workflow script on edit action and relation string fields updates

Jacek Medrzycki jacek at erp5.pl
Tue Feb 27 18:21:56 CET 2007

Hi!

I have noticed the following behaviour:

I have an interaction workflow with the interaction triggered by the
edit action:

Trigger: WorkflowMethod
Scripts (after): ['someScript']
Methods : ['edit']

The "someScript" for now does nothing except logging.

Then I have a form for the A object, with RelationStringField for the
'destination' relation.

I have found, that when a user clears the Relation String Field and then
updates the relation by clicking the "gear box wheel" and picking the
value from the list, then my script gets an "old" value of the
'destination' relation (not the one the user have just chosen, but the
previous one).

Is it "a bug or a feature"?

How can I catch in interaction workflow a current value of relation
after user updates it? I need it to update security on related object. I
can not rely on user clicking the "save" button after updating the relation.

Jacek