[Erp5-dev] ERP5 and reportlab - debian/ubuntu packages, Nexedi's .deb repository, testing .debs

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Tue Feb 20 14:05:15 CET 2007

Hello,

AFAIK ERP5 won't work with reportlab 2. But debian/unstable and
ubuntu/dapper provides only reportlab 2.

Which solution shall I choose:

  * wait for reportlab 2 support in ERP5,
  * upport reportlab 1.x (eg. from debian/stable, but there is not
freshest version) with special package name
  * find and use unofficial reportlab 1.x package
  * create my own freshest reportlab 1.x package based on existing one
from reportlab.org, then take care to update it? (I *think* it is
preffered, and http://www.reportlab.org/downloads.html says, that
reportlab 1.21 is latest one in 1.x branch)

Well, I'll have to check, how that oldpackage shall be named:
erp5-python-repotlab, or python-reportlab1.2. I think that erp5-zope
package shall be explicitly depended on this special package.

I'd like to ask, if it is possible to create on one of Nexedi's servers
repository for .deb packages (debian and ubuntu). Requirements:
  - http/ftp access for download
  - ftp/rsync access for upload
  - not special actions have to be taken on server

If anyone have time/resources/knowledge please comment to me (maybe
personal) changes in debian/unstable and ubuntu/dapper packages.

Thanks,
``Use the Source, Luke...''