[Erp5-dev] Re: [Erp5-report] r12210 - /erp5/trunk/products/ERP5/PropertySheet/DocumentPreference.py

Jérôme Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Mon Jan 22 18:04:54 CET 2007

Le Lundi 22 Janvier 2007 17:03, nobody at svn.erp5.org a écrit :
>      # XXX-JPS. This is not a real property - it is somehow a hack.
> +    # BG: I was advised by somebody from Nexedi (I think it was Jerome)

Yep,

The idea was to define on the property sheet the list of possible values for a
property with a "selection" type, and maybe also to reuse
getDocumentIngestionEmailNotificationSelectionList in the GUI.

The "standard" way is to define a 'string' property and a python script,
usually something like
Preference_getPreferredDocumentFileNameRegularExpressionItemList, then the
property is defined in two places, in the property sheet and in python script
(if we consider that possible values are part of the property definition),
this was what I tried to avoid.

Afterall, I was probably wrong, at least, the implementation I proposed was
clearly too low level, and I don't think that we want to extend ERP5Type to
support this more cleanly.

Jérome