[Erp5-dev] security-unaware catalog calls

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Sat Jan 20 15:18:06 CET 2007

Le samedi 20 janvier 2007 14:20, bartek a écrit :
> Hello
>
> If I am writing a Product class and I need to check something in the
> portal_catalog, but bypassing security restrictions - is delegation to a
> Script (Python) with proxy roles the only way to do it, or can it be
> done from the class?

Using proxy roles on scripts does not help since catalog and SQL methods are
use the user security context.

Have a look to aq_dynamic of WebSection.py for an example of solution.

Another way is to add a method to catalog  (ERP5 Catalog)
	unrestrictedSearchResults
	unrestrictedCountResults

which does not take into account allowedRoles and users. I do not know if
this is already implemented or not  but it is generallt agreed to be
needed.

This method could be called from a script with proxy roles

JPS.