[Erp5-dev] Copy or Move for Assignor in modules?

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Nov 16 11:15:09 CET 2006

Hello Jérôme,

(I'm replying like that, because you email hasn't arrvied)

> Copy and paste can have many consequences, because all properties are copied
> (except uid and workflow history that are always resetted).
> For example, when copy & pasting an invoice, invoice number must be resetted.
> That's why we extended manage_afterClone to call a script based on the portal
> type ( see testERP5Type or Invoice_afterClone for usage examples).

Ok, got it - so I have to be more careful in such situations, and check, if that document might be copied.

> So, when you are sure that documents in a module supports copy and paste, just
> add this permission on the module, or manage it by those documents workflow
> ( btw, is the permission checked on the module or on documents ? )

I've checked that permission on modules. AFAIS for example
accounting_module document's shouldn't be copied, but sale_order_module
document's might be?

Thanks,

tel: +48 32 392 10 60 int 37 fax: +48 32 392 10 61
https://ssl.ventis.com.pl/keys/lukasz.nowak.pub.asc
``Use the Source, Luke...''