[Erp5-dev] Copy or Move for Assignor in modules?

Jérôme Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Tue Nov 14 17:18:52 CET 2006

Le Mardi 14 Novembre 2006 16:57, Łukasz Nowak a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if it would be good, to set Copy or Move permission for
> Assignor role in default configuration? It's not set in
> Base_setDefaultSecurity, but than using system is not nice. I was
> looking in wiki for any guideline, but w/o succes.

Hello,

Copy and paste can have many consequences, because all properties are copied
(except uid and workflow history that are always resetted).
For example, when copy & pasting an invoice, invoice number must be resetted.
That's why we extended manage_afterClone to call a script based on the portal
type ( see testERP5Type or Invoice_afterClone for usage examples).

So, when you are sure that documents in a module supports copy and paste, just
add this permission on the module, or manage it by those documents workflow
( btw, is the permission checked on the module or on documents ? )

Jérome