[Erp5-dev] Catalog hack - searching for any category

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Tue Sep 5 17:20:31 CEST 2006

Hello

I tweaked the catalog, so that I could search for membership in any
category, like:
context.portal_catalog(category='function/hq')
or
context.portal_catalog(category=('function/hq','skill/expert'),title='John')

First, have I done again something that was already there???

If not, then here it is. The implementation is somewhat crude -
actually, it probably classifies as a dirty hack. But it works, and
doesn't seem to break things. Would be good if someone checked it.

Do we have an "experimental" in svn? ;)

"Software is largely a service industry operating under the persistent
but unfounded delusion that it is a manufacturing industry."
Eric S.Raymond, "The Magic Cauldron"