[Erp5-dev] form_list missing

Pelletier Vincent vincent at nexedi.com
Wed Jun 28 15:31:17 CEST 2006

Le Mercredi 28 Juin 2006 12:29, Jean-Paul Smets a écrit :
> Le Mercredi 28 Juin 2006 10:32, Pelletier Vincent a écrit :
> > Le Mardi 27 Juin 2006 17:30, Bartek Gorny a écrit :
> > > AttributeError: form_list
> >
> > I forgot to mention that I wrote a script to move the forms to xhtml
> > style. See the attached file (it's a ZODB script, exported as bare
> > python). It checks context (and subfolders) for forms and proposes fixes.
> >
> > Note that it is not backward compatible : a form designed for xhtml style
> > will not work in html style.
> >
> > I commited erp5_core and erp5_base in xhtml style mode, and I will revert
> > it as soon as the compatibility layer will be commited (as a part of
> > xhtml style). So please do not upgrade erp5_core and erp5_base if you're
> > using an "old" (ie, more than 2 days old) site.
>
> I have asked Vincent to add form_list (its was actually missing)
>
> JPS

I've commited changes to erp5_xhtml_style, erp5_core and erp5_base.
Here is the current status :
-All forms from erp5_core and erp5_base are back to erp5_html_style
compatibility (ie, they use the old page template names). They should work
like before in html style.
-All form groups have been renamed to follow xhtml choices. this change is
backward compatible with html.
-erp5_xhtml_style contains a compatibility folder, named
erp5_html_compatibility, that contains pages templates which just call their
renamed equivalent in erp5_xhtml_style. This allows upgrading a site from
html to xhtml.

There is a limitation though.
Historically, the form groups were accessed using their position, then using
their names with few restrictions ("Left" == "left" == "left group"...). In
xhtml style, the names must be set exactly, otherwise the missnamed group
will not be rendered. To know how to rename groups, please use the script I
sent in an earlier mail.

--
Vincent Pelletier