[Erp5-dev] search for email fast (portal_catalog?)

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Mon Mar 20 13:47:34 CET 2006

Hello

I need to quickly find an email address in ERP5 database - is there a
way to use portal_catalog for it, to search object by url_string
property? Should I add something to portal_catalog settings, or create
an sql method, or what?

I'm afraid that doing such search by searching all emails and then
iterating to check each of them for url_string will be disastrous in
terms of performance, when the database grows, so I'd prefer to use
sql for it.