[Erp5-dev] About categories

Jean-Paul Smets jp at nexedi.com
Thu Feb 16 09:51:13 CET 2006

Le Mercredi 15 Février 2006 20:50, Rafael Monnerat a écrit :
> Could anyone  explain me how works the categories and how can I use? I
> read the ' Rapid Application Development with ERP5' but I still don't
> understand how I can use that.
>
> I'm trying to create a reference from classe A to class B (for
> example). What do I need to do?

Just state in the portal_types that portal_type A is based category
"foocat". (supposing that foocat is an existing base category in
portal_categories)

You will then get an accessor created for you
	getFoocatValue()
	setFoocatValue()

You can set a relation between object a and object b by stating
	a.setFoocatValue(b)

Then retrieve the relation by
	a.getFoocatValue()

JPS.