[Erp5-dev] broken Account_getGap* scripts

Bartek Gorny bartek at redpoint.mn.pl
Tue Jan 10 17:43:43 CET 2006

On 1/9/06, Jérôme Perrin <jerome at nexedi.com> wrote:
> Le Lundi 9 Janvier 2006 17:55, Bartek Gorny a écrit:
> > Hello
> >
> > Scripts Account_getGapItemList and Account_getGapId are broken because
> > of a change in behaviour of portal_preferences.
> >
> > The portal_preferences apparently used to acquire default properties
> > from default_site_preference (function
> > getPreferredAccountingTransactionGap returned value of
> > default_site_preference/preferred_accounting_transaction_gap). Now it
> > does not, and you have to explicitly call
> > portal_preferences.default_site_preference.getSomething, the result
> > being that scripts Account_getGapItemList and Account_getGapId return
> > nothing.
>
> Hello,
>
> portal_preference didn't change his behaviour, the only change that have been
> done is that now it uses the catalog to search preferences (searchFolder)
> instead of using contentValues.
> Please make sure that your portal_preference is correctly indexed in the
> catalog.

Seems to be - it is in the catalog. Anyway, it is not the question of
returning None or a wrong value - the getters are just not there, when
I try to call, for example:
portal_preferences.getPreferredAccountingTransactionFromDate()
I get an attribute error, while
portal_preferences.default_site_preference.getPreferredAccountingTransactionFromDate()
works as expected.

In my laptop installation everything is fine, the problem is on the
LiveCD station where everything is from CVS.

Bartek