[Erp5-dev] Tutorial: how to manually create portal types

Kevin Deldycke kevin at nexedi.com
Fri Apr 15 13:20:35 CEST 2005

Le jeudi 7 Avril 2005 05:33, y.pauthier at free.fr a écrit :
> hi,
>
> I am using the 'kevin tutorial' (version : 02 février 2005) to create a pay
> sheet module but i stopped at the § 3.7 (page 29) because i cant get the
> same thing as the tutorial describe.
>
> The tutorial describe the list 'Pay Sheet Cell, Pay Sheet line, ...Pay
> sheet transaction line' in the screen copy but I get 'Pay sheet
> Transaction' and 'Pay sheet Transaction module' instead.
>
> So what can i do to get the good list ?
>
> This chapter should describe "classe, data , menu and layout integration"
> (Intégrer les classes, données, menus et présentation : l'outil
> portal_type) but i cant find any action about it ? why ? Is there an action
> to perform to integrate it or ERP5 can integrate it automaticaly ?
>
> thanks

ERP5Site_viewCreateModuleDialog help you to create module, but can't handle
the entire process of module creation. That's why you have to create manually
some Pay Sheet related portal types.

The first version of this tutorial was written before the existence of the
ERP5Site_viewCreateModuleDialog form and contain all instructions to create
modules, forms and portal types manually. Attached files are ancient parts
that explain portal_type creation.

The tutorial was edited some weeks ago to mention
ERP5Site_viewCreateModuleDialog as a better way to produce module. This part
of the tutorial should be re-written to keep the learning of ERP5 as smooth
as possible. If you think of being able to do it, I would be happy to
integrate your contibutions !

Kev.