[Erp5-dev] naming consistency

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Tue Apr 12 22:13:42 CEST 2005

Le mardi 12 Avril 2005 16:57, Yoshinori Okuji a écrit :
> I think I have said this before, but some names are not consistent
> unfortunately again.

Indeed, the 25 aug 2004, and I'm sorry to not have noticed the problem
discussed below at that time.

> Do not use Id, id or iD. Use ID all the time. For example,
> TemplateTool_importBusinessTemplate and BaseCategory_view use Id
> instead of ID. These are not consistent and problematic for the message
> translation.

I tried to guess about what you where talking about, and I guess this is
about the title of the StringField my_id in forms.

I looked at many places, and this is some titles found for many different
fields:

City
Description
Group
Role

Usually, the capital letter is only for the first caracter, so, why are we
doing exception for id ? Why it should be only capital letters ?

When it is possible, we should try to not have exceptions, so it will
prevent many errors. Is it possible to use 'Id' everywhere instead of
'ID' ?

Seb.

--
Sebastien Robin, Nexedi Technical Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies