[Erp5-dev] newCellContent

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Thu Feb 3 17:15:16 CET 2005

Hi All,

Actually, we define the method newCellContent each time we have an object
parent of some cells.

This is not enough generic I think, and there is a big constraint with
this way of doing : we can define only one type of cell for each class.

And the default newCellContent defined on XMLMatrix, will only get the
first allowedContentTypes, this is usefull sometimes, but not always.

So, I updated the matrixBox and I added a field called 'Portal Type for
cells'. So in the MatrixBox you can specify the type of your cells, and
when you will save it, then it will automatically create new cell with
the right portal type.

  Seb.
--
Sebastien Robin, Nexedi Technical Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies