[Erp5-dev] erp5livecd startup problems

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Thu Jan 27 18:15:41 CET 2005

On Thursday 27 January 2005 17:53, Ray Lance wrote:
> It's a 233Mhz Pentium II with 128M ram, 10G QuantumFireball hd and
> Mitsumi FX240S CD.
>
> After displaying "finding loop image", it doesn't do anything more,
> just sits there with that as the last line printed on the screen.  No
> disk activity, nothing.

Thank you for your information.

I can think of two cases: one is that your CDROM drive might not be
stable, and the other is that device probing does not work well.

The former sometimes happens with my laptop. Any bootable CDROM stops
suddenly by accident. If I try to reboot some times, it succeeds. I
guess that this is related to the hardware.

The latter is also possible. Could you try to specify "nousb" in the
boot screen? This makes the hardware detection code skip USB detection.

> Oh, and when I tried it on another machine, I get to the mdk10.1
> login for KDE, but no password I've tried, including erp5_root (as in
> another message here) works.  What is the login password?

Hmm, it is strange, because the CD is designed to login automatically.
Normally, it skips the login screen and starts up KDE.

The CD has two login accounts, "user" and "root". The password of "user"
is "erp5_user". The password of "root" is "erp5_root". Be careful about
the keyboard layout. The default is a US keyboard (QWERTY). You can
change the layout by passing an option in the boot screen, if
necessary.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies