[Erp5-dev] Basic ERP5 Portal Setup Procedure or zexp

John Barratt jlb at ball.langarson.com.au
Fri Sep 3 07:05:06 CEST 2004

Hi,
	I have been trying to get a base ERP5 portal setup for a while, but am
struggling against errors, and not knowing exactly what to do now.  I
have got as far as having a full installation running on Mandrake, and
created an 'ERP5 Site' in the portal as per the mandrake setup document.
  The new document on creating new types looks great, but I'm at an
intermediate stage at the moment (between documentation!).  I don't know
what objects to create where now, and through what interface (ZMI, or
portal interface) to get a basic portal going that uses existing modules.

	I have rumaged around in the code a bit, and found a few things, but in
doing so I don't have confidence that I am doing things right.  I feel a
little bit like when I first looked at CMF a few years back!

	Is there a sample portal zexp file around that shows a simple site that
works with the current code?  There were some older ones I found
previously, but I couldn't get them to import and work.  If there was
one of these that would help alot in me getting a better understanding
as to what should be setup where.  Alternatively if there is any
documentation for this intermediate stage that I have missed then any
pointers would be great!

Thanks in advance for any help,

JB.