[Erp5-dev] portal_type is untrustable in initialization

Yoshinori Okuji yo at nexedi.com
Mon Jun 7 15:55:07 CEST 2004

On Friday 04 June 2004 17:33, Yoshinori Okuji wrote:
> I found that portal_type is not initialized when a factory method or
> a script is called to create a new object. More details can be found
> in my report:
>
> http://collector.zope.org/CMF/248

Now I feel that it is a waste of time to discuss this with them. Their
attitude is " do not want to change anything unless backward
compatibility is perfectly reserved ". I don't think this can be fixed
with no risk on backward compatibility. And, clearly enough, ERP5 is
one of few CMF-based projects which are really complex and dynamic. So
most people don't need to fix this problem.

Thus I think a better way would be:

- Fix this by a dynamic patch

or

- Make a new type information class for ERP5

I will choose the former one at the moment.

YO
--
Yoshinori Okuji, Nexedi Research Director
ERP5: Free / Open Source ERP Software for small and medium companies