[Erp5-dev] mysql and replication

Sebastien Robin seb at nexedi.com
Tue May 25 12:32:11 CEST 2004

Hi all,

We can find on the documentation of mysql :

"""The binary log is also used on master replication servers as a record
of the statements to be sent to slave servers."""

This explains why we have on our main server running erp5 many big files
inside /var/lib/mysql called like this:

bigleon-bin.001
bigleon-bin.002
bigleon-bin.055
bigleon-bin.056
bigleon-bin.057

Some of them takes about 1GB of place, so we should delete old logs by
using this command with mysql :

mysql> PURGE MASTER LOGS TO 'bigleon-bin.058';

Thanks to this command I was able to free about 30Gb !!!

  Seb.
--
Sebastien ROBIN

About www.nexedi.com

Nexedi is a consulting and development services company helping small and
medium organisations to choose open source / free software and fulfill
their IT application needs. Nexedi is the founder of the ERP5 project, a
Free / Open Source ERP software based on innovative technologies
(www.erp5.org).

About www.storever.com

Storever provides a reliable source for OpenBrick, WiFi infrastructure,
notebooks and servers preconfigured with the GNU/Linux operating system