[Neo-users] [ANNOUNCE] NEO 1.4

Julien Muchembled jm at nexedi.com
Mon Jul 13 20:01:03 CEST 2015

With pleasure we announce the release of NEO 1.4, which is published on pypi as "neoppod":
  http://pypi.python.org/pypi/neoppod

This version comes with a change in the SQL tables format, to fix a potential
crash of storage nodes when storing values that only differ by the compression
flag. See UPGRADE notes if you think your application may be affected by this
bug.

- Performance and features:

  - 'Importer' storage backend has been significantly sped up.

  - Support for TokuDB has been added to MySQL storage backend. The engine is
    still InnoDB by default, and it can be selected via a new 'neostorage'
    option.

  - A 'neomaster' option has been added to automatically start a new cluster
    if the number of pending storage nodes is greater than or equal to the
    specified value.

- Bugfixes:

  - Storage crashed when reading empty transactions. We still need to decide
    whether NEO should:

    - continue to store such transactions;
    - ignore them on commit, like other ZODB implementation;
    - or fail on commit.

  - Storage crashed when a client tries to "steal" the UUID of another client.

  - Client could get stuck forever on unreadable cells when not connected to the
    master.

  - Client could only instantiate NEOStorage from the main thread, and the
    RTMIN+2 signal displayed logs for only 1 NEOStorage. Now, RTMIN+2 & RTMIN+3
    are setup when neo.client module is imported.

- Plus fixes and improvements to logging and debugging.

The NEO team.