[Neo-users] Current tests

Vincent Pelletier vincent at nexedi.com
Fri Jun 18 18:26:14 CEST 2010

Hi.

This is a quick update on our current status.

Since previous report, we fixed many concurrency-related bugs which caused our
maximum uptime to stagnate around 3 hours.

Le vendredi 23 avril 2010 12:40:19, Vincent Pelletier a écrit :
> Results:
> Throughput of 5200 documents/hour, including the entire validation.
> For reference, we achieved around 6000 documents/hour on ZEO when creating
> them in 4 different BTreeFolder2, each in a different FileStorage to reduce
> the effect of transaction-level lock.

The current throughput is of 5800 documents/hour, including the entire
validation - a surprising increase, as we didn't do any optimisation work yet.
Logging (to stdout/stderr, then piped to tee) is fully enabled on all nodes,
and without we should reach ~6100 documents/hour.

Biggest uptime for the whole cluster under test is 8 hours (and counting !).

> - We will use haproxy for our next tests to even out load on Zope
> processes, as our monitoring showed test suites (accessing Zope directly)
> were using more a subset.

Current tests are done with haproxy in front of all Zopes.

Vincent Pelletier