[Erp5-users] Error in MailHost settings

Chetan Kumar chetan.mlist at gmail.com
Thu May 2 15:19:40 UTC 2019

Hi all
My ERP5 system is not sending out emails for user registration. Following
error is generated.
===============================
Exception traceback
 Return to log
Time 2019/03/23 08:11:11.551055 UTC
User Name (User Id) zope (zope)
Request URL https://xxx.xx.xx.xx/erp5/MailHost/manage_makeChanges
Exception Type ValueError
Exception Value /tmp is not a Maildir folder
Traceback (innermost last):

request, bind=1)
if debug is not None: return debug(object,args,context)
result=apply(object,args) # Type s<cr> to step into published object.
Module Products.MailHost.MailHost, line 181, in manage_makeChanges
self._startQueueProcessorThread()
Module Products.MailHost.decorator, line 25, in method
return f(*args, **kw)
Module Products.MailHost.MailHost, line 288, in _startQueueProcessorThread
thread.setQueuePath(self.smtp_queue_directory)
Module zope.sendmail.queue, line 122, in setQueuePath
self.maildir = Maildir(path, True)
Module zope.sendmail.maildir, line 59, in __init__
raise ValueError('%s is not a Maildir folder' % path)
ValueError: /tmp is not a Maildir folder

The above is reportedly fixed in Zope2 and plone as per the discussion here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2/+bug/602965

Have ERP5 developers faced this issue ? Is a solution available ? Should I
fix it for my installation and go ahead ?

Regards,
Chetan