[Erp5-users] ERP5 questions

Yusei TAHARA yusei at nexedi.com
Fri Apr 12 07:17:33 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, 12 Apr 2013 03:58:23 +0000
posgrado <posgrado at correo.chapingo.mx> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Could you answer me some questions please?
>

> 1.- Do I has to use the adapter ZMySQLDA, MySQL_database_connection, ZSQL methods and Zcatalog to make queries using ZODB and Mysql?

You do not need to use ZMySQLDA and other stuff you mentioned directly
to query ERP5 data(ZODB/MySQL). They are used internally through
portal_catalog. So what you need to use to query is portal_catalog.
See following documents.

http://www.erp5.org/HowToSearchPortalCatalog
http://www.erp5.org/SQLCatalogStructure

> 2.- I found that a zsql method has two functions: its generates sql to send to the databse and converts the response of the database in an object, then a ZSQL method acts as an Object-Relational Mapping?

ZSQL Method is a tool to access a relational database directly
through SQL. It is not a tool for ORM. See following document.

http://docs.zope.org/zope2/zope2book/RelationalDatabases.html

Regards,
Yusei

--