[Erp5-users] (no subject)

Vincent Pelletier vincent at nexedi.com
Wed Mar 20 10:55:30 CET 2013

Hi.

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013 04:28:48 +0000,
posgrado <posgrado at correo.chapingo.mx> wrote :
> Could you tell me if ERP5 works with ZODB, NEO and MYSQL? Because in some sites I found that ERP5 works with them or ERP5 only works with MYSQL or NEO or ZODB?
> If ERP5 works with ZODB, NEO and MYSQL how do they work?

To clear up a bit:
- ZODB is an object database, which can be stored in a variety of ways,
  typically using "FileStorage" (a single big file with all object
  data, plus an index to accelerate access to object and which can be
  generated from the big file).
- NEO is an alternative storage for ZODB, replacing FileStorage and ZEO
  (a network layer which cen be used between ZODB and FileStorage to
  share access to a single database) because NEO includes such network
  layer.
- MySQL (nowadays we prefer MariaDB) is the well-known relational
  database.

ERP5 needs both an object database and a relational database to work.
The object database contains the actual data, and the relational
database contains extracts of those objects and relations between them
to be able to look objects up efficiently.

So the answer is yes, ERP5 works with all these. ZODB and MySQL/MariaDB
are strictly needed, and NEO can be used optionally if you need the
scalability and/or resilience.

Vincent Pelletier
ERP5 - open source ERP/CRM for flexible enterprises