[Erp5-users] Appliance Buildout succeeded...

Joris van de Berg jvjvandeberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:31:07 CEST 2011

2011/3/1  <jp at nexedi.com>:

> Another is to use the official buildout:
>
> http://www.erp5.com/download/linux/Howto-Install.erp5.From.Buildout

Hi,

I managed to install ERP5 using the "Appliance Buildout" instruction
on the mentioned page.  I followed the instructions using a virgin
Ubuntu 10.04 LTS system, and now have a fully configured Zope
instance.

But... :-)

How do I create an ERP5 site?  I tried adding an "ERP5 Site" in Zope,
but no matter what I try, it gives me errors.  In my most recent
attempt (after setting enable-product-installation to "on") I entered

development_site at localhost:10002 development_user development_password

in the two "ERP5/MySQL connectivity (connection strings)" boxes in the
"Add Portal" of Zope.

This produces a "Site Error, An error was encountered while publishing
this resource. Error Type: DatabaseError, Error Value:
SQLDict_createMessageTable is not connected to a database."

I checked and double-checked all the commands I entered.

Am I correct in thinking that I need to add an ERP5 site in Zope, or
do I already have an ERP5 instance running at this moment?  What
can/should I do to tackle this error?

Thanks,