[Erp5-users] Tripping on first steps in ERP5

Łukasz Nowak luke at nexedi.com
Fri Mar 4 11:10:18 CET 2011

Hello,

On Thu, 3 Mar 2011 18:20:36 +0100
Joris van de Berg <jvjvandeberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2011/3/1  <jp at nexedi.com>:
> >
> > To install ERP5, you have 2 options. One is to use RPMs/Deb as
> > provided here:
> >
> > http://www.erp5.com/download/linux
> >
> > This will give you a 5.4.6 installation, which is good enough to
> > start learning.
>
> I am kind of confused.  I set up an Ubuntu 10.04 machine and installed
> the tiolive-application package as per the instructions on
> http://www.erp5.com/download/linux.
>
> These instructions refer to https://www.tiolive.com/grid/help. At
> first, I only installed the tiolive-application (step 1), but didn't
> "register" and "deliver" (whatever that may be) (steps 2 and 3) on
> tiolive.com, because I want my ERP5 instance to run locally.
>
> But then I couldn't find a way to start ERP5 (nor Zope).  Remember, I
> am new at this.  Then, as a last resort, I did "register" and
> "deliver".  And now, to my surprise, my browser is showing
> http://127.0.0.1:57005/erp5/.  So this is my local installation after
> all?

Yes exactly. Have you accessed it? On TioLive grid interface you shall
have buttons which will allow to configure it and access. Have you
tried them?

Small background about this way of playing with ERP5: The only thing
TioLive grid provides is a website on which you configure what will be
on your *LOCAL* machine. All code, data and configuration are kept on
your machine and instances are started/stopped by locally running tool.