[Erp5-users] Tripping on first steps in ERP5

Joris van de Berg jvjvandeberg at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 16:24:02 CET 2011

Hello all,

I am an absolute ERP5 beginner.  After comparing some open source ERP
systems, I decided to go with ERP5.

I have followed http://www.raskon.org/trac/erp5/wiki/Erp5Ubuntu to
create an ERP5 installation on an Ubuntu 10.10 system using the "APT"
method.  Zope is started and I have created an ERP5 instance.  I have
added the erp5_base module.  So far, so good.

Taking small simple steps, I decided to check out
http://www.erp5.org/HowToUseMeasures to set up some categories.  I
have to say that I don't really understand how ERP5 works, but I
thought that setting up some "categories" would be a nice way to get
started.

So I go to Configure Categores, klik Quantity Unit and select Add
Category.  Then I get this screen:

http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/8871/addcategory.png

I have a feeling that this isn't what it's supposed to be.  I cannot
find a way to change the ID nor the title of the newly added category.

Does this "problem" I'm having look/sound familiar?  Please help.
Also, if there are any tutorials on ERP5 for beginners, I'd be very
interested!

Thanks,

Jan