[Erp5-users] Tutorials to follow after installation of ERP5

Nicolas Dumazet nicolas.dumazet at nexedi.com
Wed Jan 5 02:49:12 CET 2011

On 01/04/2011 08:15 PM, bartek wrote:
>> PS. FYI, all engineers in Nexedi are trained this way. 300+ students
>
> Uhm. I REALLY don't think that Nexedi engineers learned how to do their
> job by reading introductory lesson for students of management :D

Hello Bartek!

Actually, we do :)
And if you think about it, it makes sense. Nexedi engineers need user
knowledge first, before being able to be anywhere close from good
developers.

We had two newcomers in September, and trained them in this way.
Of course some steps are fairly simple, and look a bit repetitive to
geeks, but it's a good way to check that the tutorials are up to date,
and anyway geeks are good enough to go over repetitive details without
spending too much time on them. They're not dumb ;) they know those are
user tutorials and skim through, picking up along the way information
they need about general functions of ERP5.

And how would you train newcomers in any other way? You first need to be
a basic user before being able to extend an application.
Of course if you have suggestions for nicer, developer-oriented
tutorials, feel free to contribute! We have no reason to ignore a good
developer tutorial if you provide one!

Cheers!

--
Nicolas Dumazet