[Erp5-users] Installation on ubuntu

Kazuhiko Shiozaki kazuhiko at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 4 20:48:14 CET 2011

Hello,

On 04/01/2011 13:02, bartek wrote:
> jp at nexedi.com wrote:
>
>> I really do not get why you want to use non official buildout.
>
> I can't speak for Collins, but I can answer for myself. The official
> buildout doesn't work - as you can see even on this ML. The raskon
> buildout does work. Which is why Boris created his buildout in the
> first place.

No. I don't agree with such a FUD.
The official buildout *didn't* work before sometimes,
but it *does* work these days.

I just built the official buildout on 32-bit Ubuntu 10.04.1, and it
works quite fine, both Zope instance and unit tests described in howto.

I also updated a bit:
http://www.erp5.com/download/linux/Howto-Install.erp5.From.Buildout
* rpm2cpio is added in requirements
* no need to invoke development-site manually, because it should be
already invoked by supervisor
* fix some typos.

I hope everything goes fine for Collins with the official buildout.

Kazuhiko Shiozaki, Nexedi SA Senior Consultant
ERP5: Full Featured High End Open Source ERP
http://www.erp5.com
ERP5 Wiki: Developer Zone for ERP5 Community