[Erp5-users] Brazilian community (was: Installation on Ubuntu)

jp at nexedi.com jp at nexedi.com
Tue Jan 4 14:57:54 CET 2011

> So, the question remains: why they never participate in the OFFICIAL
> mailing lists of erp5? And what is their environment? Certainly not
> erp5-brazil ML, becuase there was exactly 2 (two) emails sent to that
> list this year, and both by Rafael.

This is an interesting question. All I know is that they produce interesting
results which are then shared and they they communicate with Nexedi
directly from time to time. Yet, they do not seem to need a mailing list. I think
one aspect is that they trust Nexedi's recommendations. For example, they used
the glossary to prepare the translation. cloudooo (the replacement to oood)
is made in Brazil and shared by different projects, some of which use ERP5
while others use Plone. It will be extended to support granulation. Part of this
granulation support will be made in Brazil outside Nexedi and another part by
Nexedi to power Data Publica (http://www.data-publica.com/).

When I understand more the explicit reasons which make Brazilian collaboration
working, I will let you know.

BTW, did your transaction issues disappear after you applied the patch we sent ?
(this patch is now in trunk)