[Erp5-users] buildout installation problem

Łukasz Nowak luke at nexedi.com
Mon Dec 20 10:04:43 CET 2010

Hello,

* Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis [2010-12-18 05:22:37 +0200]:

> I am trying to install buildout on a Maverick Ubuntu desktop laptop but when
> the script runs, some of the files get "bizzare names" and glib cant
> understand the kind of archive they are.

Thank you for your interest in ERP5 Appliance.

Can you please provide a full messages printed by buildout?

If it is possible please use erp5.appliance.test (which can be installed
by simply easy_install erp5.appliance.test) to check the whole ERP5
Appliance process.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/erp5.appliance.test

Short run help:

 # easy_install erp5.appliance.test
 $ mkdir ~/apptest
 $ erp5apptest212 -o -v -s -l ~/apptest.log ~/apptest

> here are the ls output of my download folder:
>
> 0255be5ba7fccc88b7d7faecd81b5593
> 0e6d34ce82d68c060d0ba167e7d9c3c7
> 1ad4b872c2bc6f824aad02ddb3124a4e
> 2e6dd40138e2b7980a303269d8b698c9
> 3fea5f5f0d6d63106c1f5a3cb0e68c46
> 4304e7b4586430058ed2eab50f4f2be9
> 43fe5949ffb00fe98b7ddcc36a86b039
> 46fe6fc6282fa74a0b46177028fae181
> 5e03f9033acdf8ba67ffa2b9ef34f5a3
> 7be77cfa195e0832291ed0c974cf5649
> 98286bd7c3f1586474ee7310e68bbe9d
> cbada9d7955eeb25fc817355bcea171a
> d01376eedb3d58fd73f607a8a1c6d297
> d0cc239d700f3294a2088b8e85151fe9
> d4dd783881b132edb6b070abd52898e8
> dist
> f652f2500838e50ea33476d38fe51f5c

Those "bizzare" names are correct. This is how buildout download utility
works (it uses hash of download url to generate quite unique file name), and
file types are properly recognised by file magic.

Please see documentation about download utility for buildout:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout#using-the-download-utility

> Sincerely yours,
>
>      Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis

Regards,