[Erp5-users] MemcachePlugin problem with fresh install

Nicolas Delaby nicolas at nexedi.com
Mon Oct 5 15:19:22 CEST 2009

Ed Holdsworth a écrit :
> Hi,
> Simple question...
> All I wanted to do was install ERP5 via RPMs then install business
> templates via web interface.
>
> I haven't done anything other than a clean install following
> instructions at the download RPM site, which why
> I don't understand why I should be missing
>
> MemcachedPlugin.py

Because RPM are build under 5 month older revision than erp5_base
revision that you try to install.

> Does this means the RPM instructions are incorrect/out of date.
> If so, fine that's not a problem I'll use SVN but I just wanted to understand if I was misssing something simple.

The update of a Business Templates is not always possible under an out
of date rpm release which tend to be old (5 month). Obviously you will
not encountered this issue with next release of ERP5. The behaviour of
an upgrade is not always predictable.

It means you need to wait for the next release of ERP5 in order to have
up to date Products if you want to use rpm. For now, you need to switch
to SVN in order to continue the upgrade of erp5_base.

Nicolas
--
Nicolas Delaby
Nexedi: Consulting and Development of Libre / Open Source Software