[Erp5-users] Error installing erp_base

Łukasz Nowak lukasz.nowak at ventis.com.pl
Thu Jun 19 09:37:32 CEST 2008

Hello Michael,

On 2008-06-16, 22:35:01
Michael Tinsay <tinsami1 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Ok guys and gals.  After unsuccessfully trying to install ERP5 in
> Ubuntu, I finally installed it in Mandriva 2008 (as a VMWare VM)
> updated to the latest.  Instructions in the wiki and handbook was
> easy to follow and got ERP5 up and running.  Now I'm trying to
> install the erp5base template and this is what I'm getting:
>
> ImportError: No module named MailTemplates.MailTemplate ...
>
> I fixed this by including MailTemplates in the svn_update.sh script.
> This allowed me to install erp5base
>
> Now I'm trying to install erp5trade because the accounting and
> banking modules seem to require this.  And I'm interested to evaluate
> this.
>
> I installed erp5pdm as a prerequisiste of erp5trade.  Then I tried to
> install erp5trade and ran into a problem about KeyValue having None
> and this is invalid.
>
> I hope someone can help me on this.

You've got hard luck :( There was problem with HEAD revisions for short
period of time. AFAIK right now no great problems are on HEAD.

But what I suggests is to use version-5.0 tag:

https://svn.erp5.org/repos/public/erp5/tags/version-5.0/

Fetch products from there.

BT repository for version-5.0 is also available at:

http://www.erp5.org/dists/release/5.0/bt5/

Products also are in .tgz format:

http://www.erp5.org/dists/release/5.0/products/

I'm using version-5.0 from some time, and many things just works
out-of-the-box.

``Use the Source, Luke...'' I am only craftsman.