[Erp5-users] Problems after installing modules -- UPDATE

Carl Anthony carlzeto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 19:08:36 CET 2008

On 19/02/2008, Carl Anthony <carlzeto at gmail.com> wrote:

> > We still have a patch for python, to use older tarfile.py from
> > python2.4.1 which didn't have this problem.
> >
> > putting this
> > http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/python/tags/r241/Lib/tarfile.py?content-type=text%2Fplain
> > in your pythonpath should solve the issue.
> >

> Hello Jerome,
>
> Thanks again for the info ... and this time, you hit the nail on the head.
>
> I downloaded the patch, put it somewhere, and then prepended the path
> to the file in from of $SOFTWARE_HOME in pythonpath in runzope and
> zopectl, and voila!! I am now able to install erp5_accounting and
> others ...  thanks a million ...
>
> Not done yet, and will let you know if I encounter any further issues ...
>
> Thanks to all of you for erp5 and for pointing me in the right
> direction to try and resolve the issues I have encountered.
>
> --carl
>
> > Jérome

Hi,

I have now been able to install all modules that I wanted except the
following 3 modules:

1 -- erp5_calendar (system claims it has installed, but next time I
check its not being reported present, and second attempt to install
this template pulls up no files for it .. so, not sure whats going on
there)

2 -- erp5_crm is decidedly broken, and would not install.  It
constantly claims 'ImportError: No module named
MimetypesRegistry.MimeTypesRegistry'  ... I have attached a trace file
here for this.

3 -- erp5_commerce has actually installed, but only after I set a file
(testERP5Commerce.py') within the template to 'Do Nothing' .. If I
don't do that, I get: "IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
'/var/erp/dir/tests/testERP5Commerce.py' " ..

I hope the file I avoided installing for erp5_commerce is not
significant ... Any further pointers to the above issues would be
helpful ..

Thanks again for all your assistance ...

regards,
--carl