[Erp5-users] Problems after installing modules

Jérome Perrin jerome at nexedi.com
Tue Feb 19 10:20:19 CET 2008

Jérome Perrin a écrit :
> Carl Anthony a écrit :
>>> I'm told (thanks Jerome :) ) that it's most probably python's tar module
>>> bug... For some reason it stops extracting the archive, so business templates
>>> (which are basically tarballs or exported Zope objects and some metadata) are
>>> imported incompletely, and impossible to install.
>>> I think we have a fixed python tar module package on our RPM repository.
>>>
>>> Repository root: http://nexedi.org/static/Mandrake/
>>>
>> I am running on ubuntu .. do you have any ubuntu pkgs ? or perhaps u
>> can point me to sources, so I can look at building from source ...
>>
>> I could also have a go at 'adapting' the rpm for ubuntu, but looking
>> at the URL you have specified in your email, its not obvious exactly
>> what files I should be downloading.
>
> Hi,
>
> Some python versions have been shipping a bogus tarfile module
> http://mail.nexedi.com/pipermail/erp5-dev/2006-November/000744.html
>
> We use to build rpms for python2.4.3 with a patch, but now the bug has
> been fixed, python2.4.4 packages from mandriva are OK, so we use
> python2.4 from mandriva.
> Updating your python installation may fix this issue.

Sorry, I was completly wrong here :)
We still have a patch for python, to use older tarfile.py from
python2.4.1 which didn't have this problem.

putting this
http://svn.python.org/view/*checkout*/python/tags/r241/Lib/tarfile.py?content-type=text%2Fplain
in your pythonpath should solve the issue.

Jérome